The National Agency for Energy Regulation continues to examine the applications for - the status of eligible producer submitted for installations that produce or will produce electricity from solar energy based on photovoltaic solar panel systems.
During the ordinary meeting, the Administration Council of ANRE has examined 21 applications. Out of 21 applications ANRE has confirmed the status of eligible producer for 13 entities, with a total capacity of 10,349 MW.
8 applications were rejected due to non-compliance with the current legal framework following the confirmations from the specialized public institutions, the Agency for Public Services, the National Anticorruption Center and the Office for Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering.
Following the positive notification from ANRE the newly confirmed eligible producers must pay a 2% fee (performance guarantee) during 15 working days. If the 2% fee (performance guarantee) is not paid on time the capacities will be allocated to the next applicants.
ANRE continues to receive the applications until the quotas managed by the ANRE are fully used up according to Government Decision 689/2018.
By the end of 2020 ANRE will confirm the status of eligible producer for a total capacity of 55 MW for each type of production technology:
- Wind power installations, max. available capacity - 20 MW. Capacity limit - 4 MW;
- Solar photovoltaic installations -15 MW. Capacity limit - 1 MW;
- Biogas cogeneration plants - 12 MW. Capacity limit - 1 MW;
- Solid biomass cogeneration plants - 5 MW. Capacity limit - 1 MW;
- Hydrologic installations - 3 MW. Capacity limit - 1 MW.